Nertz Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Nertz

Go down

New to Nertz Empty New to Nertz

Post  Jamie Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:05 am

Hi, I am newbie at Nertz. I just learned and I really like it but I am not that good. Does anyone have any tips for me? Anything you can give me will help at this point, thanks!

Jamie

Back to top Go down

New to Nertz Empty Focus on certain areas.

Post  ChrisM Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Aside from getting in a lot of practice I focus on my personal area piles or (River Piles). As you build on them you get a better grasp on what you have played and what cards are available. Also, I move River Columns back and forth to free up cards.
For Example: If you had a pile with a ten of hearts, nine of spades, eight of diamonds, and a seven of clubs, and you had another column that has a ten of diamonds on top of it; then if you needed to play the ten of hearts you could move the nine of spades ( along with everything on top of it, of course) onto the ten of diamond to free the it for play. This is is called "Strategic River Play" and a lot of players I play against have mastered it. Thus, they end up winning a good portion of the time.

Once you get the hang of your River play...then focus on mastering other areas such as Common Area (Lake) play, Stock/Stream play...and of course the pile you should always be focused on... your Nertz pile. Master all of these and then you can focus on your opponents piles, if you are fast enough by then. Hope this helps.

ChrisM

Back to top Go down

New to Nertz Empty Thanks Chris!

Post  Jamie Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm

I have been practicing and took in a bit of what you told me. I guess I am coming around since I have been calling nertz more frequently. Let's hope I can keep improving. Smile

Jamie

Back to top Go down

New to Nertz Empty Re: New to Nertz

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down