Nertz Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you set up team play?

Go down

How do you set up team play? Empty How do you set up team play?

Post  don Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 pm

We usually play by picking our own partners and playing to 150. Sometimes we will do a random draw.

I have heard of people rotating partners every other hand all the while keeping individual scores throughout the match. After everyone's played with one another then the game ends and the player with the most points at that time wins. Sounds fun!

don

Back to top Go down

How do you set up team play? Empty Re: How do you set up team play?

Post  ED Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:34 am

The way I learned to play it, and how I have been teaching everyone that I work with, is play to 500. At home, we pair up- doesn't matter how- and if there is an odd number of players, someone will play single. Here at school, We have played some games single, some pairs, some mixed. But we always play to 500. The game goes longer and there are more chances for people to win.

ED

Back to top Go down

How do you set up team play? Empty Scoring and team play.

Post  charlie Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 pm

As for what score to play to, it depends on how you keep score and how much cards are worth. Usually we play to 150 and we can get two or three games in. We like to play more than one game since people can go negative quick and keep going negative. But I guess it depends on the competition.

Setting up teams usually is done by a random draw...choosing partners sometimes ends up very unbalanced...but we do this as well if we don't think it will be a problem.

I read that others don't play to a certain score but instead play two games with every person at the table. They then add all the scores a player received after that to determine a winner....sounds cool and pretty fair.

charlie

Back to top Go down

How do you set up team play? Empty Re: How do you set up team play?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down